Are you interested in mental health advocacy on campus? Come learn more and see if Active Minds is a good fit for you!
Each Active Minds chapter is a student-led group with anywhere from three powerful student members to as many as 300! Chapter members are dedicated volunteers who carry out the Active Minds mission on their local campuses. No matter the size of their group, these students’ efforts create a comfortable environment for conversations about mental health.
Here are a few examples of what chapters do:
- Organize campus events to increase awareness of mental health issues and suicide prevention. These include panel discussions, movie screenings, speaker presentations, stress-relief activities, or whatever is most effective and most needed on their campus.
- Promote the services available from the counseling center and other organizations and distribute mental health resources by “tabling” in central areas of campus.
- Hold fundraising events in support of the Active Minds movement.
- Advocate for changes in campus policies and procedures to better support mental health.
- Represent the student voice on campus health committees.