December 03, 2021 12:00 PM to 4:00 PMUptown Campus
Tulane Hillel's Shop for Good Art Market is making its comeback on Friday, Dec. 3 from 12-4 PM, and we are calling all creatives and entrepreneurs to participate!
The mission of this event is two fold. Shop for Good Art Market will raise money and awareness for non-profits and social justice organizations and empower Tulane's broader community of creative entrepreneurs.
This event is a great way to connect to the New Orleans Community. We feel so lucky to be living in a city that offers us so much and it is our duty to contribute back to it. Our Jewish tradition teaches us to "love thy neighbor as thyself" (Leviticus 19:18). As residents of New Orleans, even if that residency is temporary, we have a responsibility to care for our broader community. We therefore strongly encourage you to donate to a New Orleans mutual aid fund.
To apply, use this link: https://forms.gle/ZM4sR7MCjJt7YNz47
As a vendor, here is what to expect:
- Donate a min. of 30 percent of earnings to a charity of your choice & submit a donation receipt in a timely fashion
- Manage a table at the event on Dec. 3 for at least 1.5 hours from 12 -4 PM (You may have a friend step in to work your table if you're in class for a period of the time).
- Prepare a sufficient amount of inventory (last year we had about 200 people pass through the event over a 4 hour period).
- Advertise this event by posting/reposting graphics on your Instagram story
- Invite your friends and peers to the event
- Keep track of your total revenue made during Shop for Good Art Market