COVID-19 Medical & Research Update + Q&A: Community Town Hall
A month into our stay-at-home reality, it is still important to stay informed as to the status of COVID-19. The Tulane School of Medicine is committed to bringing our experts to you, providing the most current statistics and answering your questions to demystify the medical and scientific research.
Join us for an interactive Tulane School of Medicine Community Town Hall featuring:
- A brief COVID-19 Medical update by Dr. Lee Hamm, Sr. VP and Dean of the School of Medicine
- A moderated panel of experts in underlying conditions, virus stability, NHP models, vaccines and sex-difference susceptibility will be available to answer your questions on those topics live.
COVID19 Medical Update:
- L. Lee Hamm, MD, Sr. VP and Dean, School of Medicine
Medical & Research Panelists:
- Keith C. Ferdinand, MD; Tulane Professor of Medicine, Gerald S. Berenson Chair in Preventative Cardiology; Cardiovascular Issues & COVID-19, Health Disparities
- Chad J Roy, PhD; Tulane Professor of Microbiology & Immunology - Medicine & Director, Infectious Disease Aerobiology – TNPRC; Airborne Infectious Diseases, COVID-19 NHP Model Development, Virus Stability
- James McLachlan, PhD; Tulane Professor of Microbiology & Immunology; Immunologic Response, Vaccines, Adjuvants, Sex-Differences in Infectious Disease
- Sharon Courtney, VP of Government and Community Relations
12:00 p.m. Welcome and Covid-19 Medical Update
12:10 p.m. Introduction of Panelists
12:15 p.m. Panelist ‘round ZOOM-table’ open Q&A - moderated by Sharon Courtney
12:55 p.m. Concluding Remarks
LIVESTREAM Available On ZOOM and TUSOM Facebook Live.
School of Medicine