This ceremony will recognize Liberal Arts August and December 2018 graduates and May 2019 graduating seniors and others who are eligible to participate. (Diplomas will not be distributed at this ceremony, as graduates will receive diplomas via USPS delivery three to four weeks after commencement.) A post-ceremony reception will follow in the Superdome until 3:30pm approximately.
- Students: Report no later than 11:30 a.m. to the St. Charles Club Lounge in the Superdome with academic regalia (cap, tassel, gown) for instructions and line-up for the ceremony. Graduating students entering the Superdome from outside should enter at Gate C or A plaza level and proceed up to the club/loge level. Students leaving from the preceding University Commencement Ceremony on the Superdome floor should proceed up the escalators at Gate A to the club/loge level. Complimentary light refreshments will be provided for graduates, and Superdome concessions will be available for purchase on the plaza level. (NOTE: As students must walk ample distances in the Dome and up/down ramp walkways to proceed to/from the ceremony floor, we recommend wearing comfortable and LOW-HEEL SHOES in the Dome. Students also should wear proper attire beneath academic regalia. Also, students are responsible for personal belongings, so bring as few items as possible, if any, to the Superdome and keep belongings with you at all times.)
- Guests: Proceed up the ramp on Poydras Street or up stairwells from the Superdome parking garage to the Plaza Level and enter at Gate C or Gate A. Guests in wheelchairs or who need wheelchair assistance should enter at Gate A ground level and proceed by elevator to the plaza level seating area (near Gate C); ideally, guests should bring their own wheelchair and assistance for the best experience in the Dome. Guests should note the University Commencement Ceremony precedes the Liberal Arts ceremony and will end around 11:00 a.m. on the main floor. Guests who are not participating in the University Commencement Ceremony should time their arrival accordingly, after the University Commencement Ceremony participants have exited the building, as it is difficult to navigate the area when those guests are exiting.
- Photographs: Candid Campus Photography, the School of Liberal Arts' official undergraduate ceremony photographer, will photograph graduates receiving their diploma covers on the ceremony stage and immediately after graduates leave the stage. A proof order form will be sent out approximately 5 to 7 days following graduation; this form may be used to order official photographs by mail. Liberal Arts graduates should pre-register at www.candidcampusphoto.com/tuliberalarts to receive their proofs as quickly as possible following the graduation ceremony. For faster service, order online. Photographs can be viewed and ordered within 48 hours after the ceremony at www.candidcampusphoto.com. For customer service, please call Candid Campus Photography, Inc. at 1-800-233-3686 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Parking: Available at the Superdome for $20 (cash only). Free shuttle service will run continuously from the uptown campus (between the Reily Center and Diboll Garage) to the Superdome (dropping off at Gate A ground level entrance and ramp leading up to the plaza level entrances) and back until well after the post-ceremony reception that ends around 3:30pm.
- Security and Bag Checks: For security, bag checks and metal detectors will be located at every entrance at commencement. Guests should account for time to get through security screenings when planning arrival times. Clear bags are not required. However, the size limit for bags is 12" x 12" x 6" if it is not a clear bag. Exceptions will be made for bags used for medical supplies (diabetes, oxygen, etc.). Strollers are allowed into the Superdome, however guests must check in strollers at the Guest Relations Center located at Gate A Plaza Level. Guests may not keep strollers with them in the seating areas, as we need to maximize available space for ADA guests. Prohibited items include: bags larger than 12" wide x 12" height x 6" deep, gym bags, backpacks, school bags, oversized packages, coolers, luggage, alcohol, outside food & beverages, helium balloons, banners, artificial noise makers (IE: air horns, clappers, etc.), cans, bottles, glass, coolers, containers of any kind, laser pens or laser products of any types, sticks or poles, fireworks, oversized packages, weapons and contraband of any type, animals and pets (except those assisting an ADA patrons), glitter, stickers are prohibited on Superdome property.
Please check back for updates to the above information until the May ceremony occurs.