Tri Delta Bid Day
January 23, 2022 4:00 PM to 7:00 PM
Bea Field Alumni House
Delta Delta Delta
Once at the Alumni House:
- Each new member will find their bid day buddy by looking for their name on a sign held by an active member, and receive their new member tote bag and tee shirts
- Each bid day buddy sign will have one of three colored stickers (assigned randomly) designating which group a new member will be in in order to break up the large group for the majority of bid day after the initial arrival at the house
- The groups will be split up and moved into separate places with separate activities that will rotate throughout the day
- Each new member and their bid day buddy will be apart of 1 of 3 groups
- Group 1:
- Will start inside the alumni house doing ice breaker games with their group
- Group 2:
- Will start outside in front of the alumni house doing and break into teams to play team building games, competing with the other teams to win small prizes
- Group 3:
- Will start outside doing activities provided:
- Polaroid with bid day buddy station
- Face tattoo station
- Letter writing station with prompts
- Letter to myself: What I want in my new member period
- Letter to bid day buddy: both members participate
- Letter to a new sister: if comfortable
- Each group will be in their station for about 25-30 minutes before switching to the next station. There will be time accounted for switching, so the time allotted to group rotations is 1 hour and 45 minutes.
After the Groups:
- Once each group has completed all 3 stations, they will be called all together outside. Every new member will be instructed to join the official chapter GroupMe, which bid day buddies will help facilitate. After this, there will be food brought in for all of the members to eat, which will remain outdoors only. During this time members can mingle, take photos, eat, get to know their bid day buddy and new sisters, etc. This is expected to be about 1 hour and 15 minutes. At the end of bid day, we will make an announcement to wrap up, and everyone is free to leave and walk back to their dorms/go to their off campus residences (with the exception of the bid day/cleanup committee).
- The chapter will be providing new masks for all members, active and new.
- Members will be divided into 3 groups for the majority of the day, making spaces less crowded and allowing for more distance.
- All food and drink will be restricted to outdoor areas only for the duration of bid day.
For more information on this event, please visit https://tulane.campuslabs.com/engage/event/7718440